Friday, December 23, 2011

The Scent Is On


Last year, Jenn picked me up and we went early to theshopping center to meet her other friends for her birthday dinner.  Her friend L had gotten Jenn a gift card or…makeup session from Sephora, so that’s why we went early, for Jenn to get hermakeup done for her dinner. 

After the session though, there was something strange about Jennnot having the gift card with her or something since L had paid for it or… Idon’t know.  We were both confused aboutwhat the lady was saying.  So Jenn had tobuy like $25 or $50 worth of merchandise? 

Well, Jenn couldn’t really think of much that shewanted.  She did get a Clinique thing, Ithink, that she needed a replacement of or something.  So she asked me to pick something out formyself.

At first I was like, what? It’s YOUR birthday.  Still shekept insisting.  Something around $20 orso. 

I decided it would be good if I could have a purse-sizedbottle of perfume.  I have a travel sizeof the Calgon Morning Glory body mist, the scent that I use almost every day,but it’s a daily scent and I might want something more sophisticated andslightly stronger for a date or night out. I have a couple perfumes, but they’re in medium sized bottles and arenot easily carried in a bag- I’m always worried that I might forget it’s in mypurse and that I’ll crack the bottle.

I thought I might get a purse-size of DKNY’s Be DeliciousFresh Blossom, of which I had gotten the medium bottle a couple years ago.  I really like the scent for specialoccasions.  The mini comes as arollerball duo with the regular Be Delicious. The regular smells good too but I wasn’t sure. 

Then I thoughtthat since I have this chance, I’ll go with something I normally wouldn’tpurchase for myself.  I finally decidedon Juicy Couture’s Viva La Juicy Roll-on. Here’s the description from Sephora.com: Juicy Couture presents Viva La Juicy,an enticing scent of wild berries and mandarins, honeysuckle, gardenia, andjasmine. To round it out, amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline addjust the right touch of sweetness.”

____________________________

 
With that being done, we had a great time at Jenn’sdinner.  Then she drove me home. 

And I forgot to get the perfume from her bag. Sigh.

And then Jenn moved and lost it for a bit.

So then I finally got it this year at Jenn’s birthdaydinner! 

And I still like the scent of Viva La Juicy very much.  I can’t wait to wear it!

[Oh look what I found- a scent by fresh called "Sugar Lychee." I like lychee.  I wonder if it smells good?]

Thank you for reading.


*To buy Juicy Couture products,  start here.
**DKNY Be Delicious, Viva La Juicy, and Fresh photos from Sephora.com.  Morning Glory photo from Calgon.