Saturday, December 24, 2011

Moving Over [Revised]


This post was originally written for my old journal.  It was to let people know that I moved the journal to this address.  Links to entry references are to the old journal posts.  I guess I could've kept the old one used under this new account but that would irritate me as well because I would've shown up as two different people.  Nevermind.  Just read this journal.
Thank you, 
Jennifer


When I started this journal, my email was with hotmail.  I had since changed my email but on blogger, I couldn’t just change my email account and keep the same blog address.  For about two or three years now, I’ve been signing out of my email and signing in to here to post things.  It was a hassle but I like my blog address. 

I have given up.

I’ve decided to move this journal over so that I don’t have to sign in and out and in and out from my account in order to post entries. 


Basically it’s the old address without the “and.”  I feel like this new one has a more arrogant tone to it, as if I’m going to be answering all the tough questions like “What is the meaning of life?” or that I even KNOW all the answers.  I don’t.  I have few answers to anything. 

It’s supposed to be viewed in connection to the journal title of “Who I Am.”  As if someone were to ask me, “What’s your favorite color?”  Then I would say, in quiz show-like fashion, “And the answer is…..  YELLOW.” 

In the theater of my mind, that totally makes sense.  So now you know and knowing is only a quarter of the battle when it has to do with knowing me.  I’m not even sure if that makes sense.

I thought I would do a complete restart, and I was going to move it over on December 31st, I could clean up all the labels and such. 

But there’s a history here.  There are some entries that I think are still pretty good, ones I might want to reference in the future.

This is who I am.  For me, completely starting from scratch again, when I’ll be writing from my style and perspective, it would be lying.  I’m still going to struggle.  I’m still going to celebrate.  I’m still going to do the wrong thing from time to time.  I don’t want to keep doing the same wrong thing over and over. I want to continue learning from those rough times and have the hope that I would do better. 

Like this post, I wish I could forget it.  I wish it hadn’t happened.  I wish there had been no cause of it.  There’s some truth in it, but I was wrong.  I was unmerciful, I was crying, and I grieved God by it.  I think God is grieved by broken relationships and I was tired of being the one actively trying to heal that particular relationship, but who would I be if God had given up being the one actively trying to heal my relationship with himself?

And then there are posts like this one, championing a cause, trying to bring more awareness to an organization which is doing a lot of good.

And posts like this, showing how I’m getting involved in doing good for others and hopefully inspiring more people to take action also.  It’s so easy to get involved.  There’s so many things to be done.  Do the something that YOU can do!

And posts full of ridiculosity like this one where I had a secret to keep and you learn NOTHING but that I am a bad liar.





And this is who I am.

I am full of faith, full of doubts, full of chicken, full of passion, full of humanness.

So friends, old faithfuls and new, continue the journey with me at the new address!


Still the same crazy me, hopefully getting better with time!

Thank you and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!