Friday, December 16, 2011

Lush Run

Earlier this year, I made a visit to the Lush store in Ala Moana. I was running out of the Sexy Peel soap and Godiva solid shampoo, both of which I like and have written about here, so that is what I went to pick up. Short story: they work well and would be good if one likes citrus scents (Sexy Peel) or jasmine scents (Godiva).

The solid shampoo are usually sold “Buy 1, get 1 free” so I got 2 Godivas. I am going to give one to my friend who likes being outdoors. The solid shampoo is great for taking on travels as they dry out and so one doesn’t have to worry about spills all over one’s bag. I hope my friend will like it.

Godiva
Sexy Peel

The store associate sold me on trying out their new R&B hair care product. “R&B” stands for “revive and balance.” Lush says: “Enjoy some smooth R&B stylings. The tropical butters and candelilla wax will help to moisturize and control frizzy, flyaway hair, but this works to soothe dry scalps, too, with calming oat milk. And once you smell the orange blossom, your hair will truly get its groove back.” 

I am delighted with R&B. It really softens and smooths my hair, leaving it smelling wonderfully of flowers. After showering, I get a small amount of R&B on my fingertips and warm it up just rubbing the fingers together, as the associate had demonstrated in the store. Then I run my fingers along the ends of my damp hair. I like my hair straightened so I use a straightener that’s good to use on damp or dry hair. The heat from the straightener seals in the scent of the R&B; even after the next shampoo, my hair will still have a hint of the scent.

My friend keeps asking me if I'm wearing perfume because I smell so good. It's the R&B.

I have shoulder-length thick hair. The 3.5 jar of R&B has lasted for several months already with frequent use and it’s only halfway through. I enjoy the scent so much that I sometimes use it to soothe dry skin on my hands and legs.

When one makes a purchase, Lush will throw in a free sample of one product. This time, I received a sample of the Flying Fox Shower Gel. I will review it next Lush entry.

From watching a few Lush haul videos on YouTube, one will also receive free samples of things with online orders.

Lush Online

Their products make great gifts! *hint hint*




Thank you for reading.

PS. How do you like the new layout and design?