Monday, November 1, 2010

What A Week

October 24- Sunday.

I am so blessed to be with the K guys on Sundays. This day we heard a testimony from C’s friend and M led us in a lesson on “Hope.” Something that stuck out to me, something I’d heard before by third hand and this time hearing it first hand, is that we [believers] can laugh ‘cause we know how it ends; God wins. And in that I remember joy, peace and comfort.

I know, it doesn’t sound like much, like I have more to say about it and I could, but I’m gonna hold off on it.

I have returned to the endeavor of getting to know more people in the church. After the E&I Conference, I am more confident that I can and should do this and that it will have great value. I'm going to meet one new person at church each week, and I have to be the one to introduce myself to them; I can't phone this one in. In my mind, I still think I come off creepy or that I’ll say something ridiculous as I tend to do, yet again, the HS reminded me that ______. This day, I met G.



26- Tuesday with the ladies.

I got to spend some time with a couple of female friends and got some good news- one of them has set a date with her fiance! AND… she asked us to be in her party! It would be my first time in a party and I feel very honored.



27- A little pick up on Wednesday.

Tuesday night, I had asked Tank to help me with something. I almost chickened out with the asking. I got a somewhat non-committal answer. I almost chickened out on the confirmation the next day, but I definitely couldn’t get it easily done with Mom’s car and I knew the HS was urging.

I scoped out the job in the early afternoon; it would be made easier with Tank, his vehicle, and another guy. So after I called Tank, I scrambled in my mind and phone for another helper. I wanted to call someone in particular but knew it would be an even tougher job to ask him than it had been to ask Tank, and I couldn't be sure that I _____. I called up Pineapple instead and yes, he was available! Tank, Pineapple, Minnie and I went to get the job done in one trip. It’s still kinda weird ‘cuz I feel like I have nothing to say of any remote interest to Tank, I suck at small talk still, and I have nothing to say about the stuff he talks about, but it was a step towards hopefully better.



30- Saturday.

I met with Minister. We hadn’t met for about a month so we got caught up on some stuff. We prayed. He certainly is one to help remind me of the big picture. I mean, the big picture is so on my mind, but he’s helping me remember how much I have a role in it. I’m thinking I might have a role in drawing Minister out a little more so that he can do more of his role in the big picture. Or at least, I hope that I am being a positive influence.

I checked in with the K guys at the gym. Now that I’m really getting to know them and letting them get to know me, I can’t help but be blessed every time that I see them.

Alpha is asking me questions about things and I know God has something big coming up for him. Whether or not it’s in doing something with me, I am pretty excited to see what God’s gonna do through Alpha. Again, I’m hoping I am being a positive influence.

Then I went to support my family with CCF; they were having an event to kick off a new ministry. A week ago, Crusty had called me; she asked if I would help promote the night at my church. I have to say that I was surprised and honored that she would ask, and that I was able to say without hesitation that I would help. It’s not an easy thing for me, especially with one part of the group I was to promote to, so I remembered obedience and that it had been so long since I’ve been directly enlisted. I’ve wanted that someone recognize how much I love them and that I am here for them as much as they are here for me. Lately it’s been like people don’t remember, so thank God for this blessing of remembrance.

It was still difficult in the promoting ‘cuz I can forget to remind people about the bigger picture, the main point of things. And I get so sad about others’ conditions. But I did it, and as LK said, it will get easier the more I do it.

The event was good. Even though I wasn’t at my church, I intro’d myself to Ce from CCF. I saw some friends I don’t get to see often enough. Some of Fist’s friends saw me and so we talked.

I got to meet Crusty’s little boy for the first time! He’s so adorable; he couldn’t take his eyes off of his mama! I wanted to stay longer but left to do some prep for the next day.

Prep went fine yet still I didn’t get good sleep. I was so nervous and excited that I needed help in falling asleep and then I kept waking up!



31- A whole lot of stuff, that I shall continue this another time.