Monday, November 29, 2010

There’s No Crying In Stargate!

Who knew that an episode of Stargate Sg-1 could make me cry? Well I didn’t cry, but I really wanted to. I teared up on the inside.

I’m not a weepy chick flick kind of crier. In fact, I have been called coldhearted on a few occasions partly for lack of affect in various types of situations. I'm sure it was somewhat of a disappointment/ surprise/ oddity to Wrestler that I didn't cry when he broke up with me. To his credit, he faced it in person with me. I answered his questions and then left.

I should start remembering stuff that makes me sound better. I sound horrible now.


What can touch my heart most are things of redemption, second chances, and hitting rock bottom. A scene that makes me cry almost every time is from “Coach Carter,” when Cruz goes to Coaches’ house one night after watching his cousin die in his arms.

So the Stargate scene comes from Season 10, Episode 8: Memento Mori. Daniel takes Vala to dinner as a thank you for coming through on his having taken a chance on her. Oh, and then at the end when she's given her SG-1 badge!

Is that silly?

I suppose to understand what that has to do with redemption, you have to know the series. Instead of explaining the show, I'm gonna recommend you watch it. I thoroughly enjoy it.

Okay, confession, one “girly” scene that almost made me cry is from “Friends” Season 6, Episode 25: “The One with the Proposal.” It was such a good surprise the first time I watched it. I’d like for someone to throw me a good surprise someday, I think. I mean, I’ve never been surprised before but I like the idea and the sentiment behind it.

The end.