Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It’s Not about What They Want

I’m too stubborn to quit.

Even if others can’t see it, I’m doing something. It might not be what they want me to do or what they think I ought to do. They might not know or believe that something can be done or that things can be better, or that I can do something.

I can’t be held back. I won’t be held back. And if others miss out, they miss out. That’s not what I want and it would be a shame, but what can I do about it? I can’t conform to others. I can’t just go along with what they want.

Probably time to change direction.

I need to shine, not to put others in darkness, because light brings things out of darkness.

I need to shine, not because I matter at all; rather, because God matters all.

“And if I perish, I perish.” [Esther 4:16]

I don’t even know what I can do. Possibilities. Reaching for the possibilities, however imperfectly as long as it’s done faithfully.

I want more.