Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Laugh It Up and Other Deals

I went to a comedy show a few nights ago with some friends. It was pretty good! There were stand up comedians and then an improv group. I’ve seen better improv, but they were good. For the comedians, the first one was… eh. I’m not some kind of prude when it comes to comedy, but too much of his repertoire that night involved penis and masturbation, and it wasn’t all that funny on its own. Yup, I said the p- and m- words, that’s right.

The rest were pretty good, the host comedian was funny! I’m fascinated by people who can just go off while switching between accents- I would have to think too much to do this.

One of the comedians was a friend of a friend. He was good. Well, I thought he was funny but then again, I happen to think stalker jokes are funny. The 300 bit was good too.

My classmate’s husband was a part of the improv group.
____________________________

When I went to the gym the other time, I got on the elliptical and started going, as usual. Then I noticed that the girl on the next machine was on her phone. Talking loudly. She was sort of leaning on the machine. I thought the two ladies in front were looking back at her in annoyance for the phone thing- no, they were her friends. So that caused phone girl to start saying “Shut up!” and stuff to the two friends. Then she almost fell off the machine.
____________________________

I came into a bit of information that I cannot use. Basically, some people think I’m an ass for something I did not do.

I love people talking behind my back. Reminds me of high school. And people wonder why I don’t want to be around them? Why I think others won’t want to be around them?

I don’t know what to do about this. Well, I can’t do anything about it right now.
____________________________

Except to continue including them in my prayers.

Just because things are the way they are and always have been doesn’t mean it’s the best way to be.

Didn’t think I could start an entry mentioning a specific body part and end with prayer, huh?

Thanks for reading and go have a laugh!