Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Date with an Apple, a Night with a Pirate

Last night ended up being just Pirate and me. It was a good night! Dinner, a walk, and MUSIC!

I had tried looking up things to do on a Friday night. I stumbled upon a list of free or cheap things to do on O‘ahu. It was quite disappointing for the moment; most things suggested were at specific times of the year. I could only figure 4 of the 101 things that we could do last night.

Well, dinner was just a little past cheap, Gordon Biersch. It was such good food though! We both ordered a burger because they came with the delicious GB garlic fries! I ventured one of their brews, the Maertzen? I think that’s how it’s spelled but don’t ask me to pronounce it! The description said it was the most popular choice. I liked it- full flavor, no strong aftertaste, not too dry. I’m not really a beer connoisseur, so that’s my pedestrian description. A band played good music by the entrance.

Dinner was so filling that I suggested walking. We walked around the Ward area, spending some time in Borders.

Then we sat in my driveway for about an hour more, sharing music and singing. : )

When I sing, in my head I sound pretty good. On advice from a friend, I sometimes record myself when I practice. When I listen back to the recording, I think I sound like a little girl. Pirate doesn’t seem to think I sound young.

Pirate, however, is a wonderful singer.
____________________________

Tuesday, Apple and I finally had our webcam date! At first, it didn’t look like I would be able to see her. Her video wasn’t working for about the first half hour. Then suddenly, it started working and I could see one of my favorite faces.

It was good to talk to her. Thank God for the person who invented video online chat! We might do this every week.
____________________________

Ahhh, just these two nights made the week. I ALWAYS feel better for having spent time with Pirate and Apple. Thank God for great friends!