Saturday, June 19, 2010

Untitled [6.19.2010]

Oh God, you are in control. That’s what I’ve been telling my friends. When we can’t see what you’re doing, when we don’t care to see, when things go well and things are not as we wish them, you are sovereign. Nothing surprises you for you know all things. Nothing is done without your knowledge of it.

You said you wouldn’t give me more than I can bear. It’s difficult for me to imagine that I’m not near my limit.

I’m reading in Job. Could I be half as faithful? Is it at all possible for me? I would think that would be enough to get through this. If you would take it all, how can I do anything other than to follow in Job’s footsteps to say that it all belongs to you. All I have, all I am, all was only because you allowed it. I had nothing and you gave me life. I had no one and you brought me into a family.

Thank you for the kindness you’ve shown me so far.

It all belongs to you. You are in control of it all.

Please, be true to your promise that you will never leave me. Please, may I prove to be faithful to you, help me to be faithful to you.

As long as it’s you, God. May I follow as long as it’s you.