Thursday, May 20, 2010

This ISN’T New York!

In the opening of CSI: NY last night, Mac is chasing a suspect in the atrium of a building displaying a large amount of beautiful ironwork. Near the bottom, he fights the suspect and gets thrown over the railing to the lobby floor. The lobby walls and floor are covered in tile. Mac lands on one of the floor rectangles inlaid with what looks like blackened cement and blue glass tile.

I immediately thought, I should know this building! So I looked up architecture/ ironwork/ interior and was able to find it and correctly identify it by the photos on this site. Go ahead and visit the link to read more about the building.

Some of you may not have time to do that so I will say that it is the Bradbury building, not in New York, but in Los Angeles, California! Sadly, in the years I’ve been in CA and travelling in the vicinity of the Bradbury, I have never visited it. I shall see it in person one of these days!

There you go, I sort of remembered something from my Arch. History classes! : )

Mahalo for reading!