Monday, May 24, 2010

The Stuff Under The Nose

I was talking with a friend recently and here’s a thing I shared with her that is an example of the strangeness in my mind.

Have you watched “Silence of the Lambs?” It’s the first Hannibal Lecter story turned into film in which Anthony Hopkins as Lecter says that delicious line “I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”

Well, there is another scene in which a few agents go to the morgue to view a dead body. The body must have been in the stage of decomp that includes the nasty smell of rot. The living humans smear something under their noses that allows them to breathe without getting ill from the smell.

So I told Friend that I would go to a morgue to view a dead body just to see if that nose thing works.

And as Pudding would say after relaying a story of little point and humor, “The End.”