Thursday, April 22, 2010

What’s God Gonna Do Next?!!

I finally watched “Apocalypto” a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it! Some parts, especially in the middle, are pretty gruesome, but as far as I could tell it was important to the story.

I try to be careful of giving away spoilers for those whom haven’t watched/read something yet.

By the time that Jaguar Paw is at the altar, I’m already excitedly thinking “What’s God gonna do next?!” I know it’s just a story and probably not written with God in mind, I don’t know, but I really got into it and my mind was looking forward to what great thing God was going to do next.

The plot summary on the movie’s imdb page says, “He [Jaguar Paw] is able to eliminate them [Mayans trying to capture him] slowly throughout this process.” That’s wrong because most of the things that saved his life that time were things that Jaguar Paw had no control over. Something came up that just happened to help him escape. Sorry, spoiler, Jaguar Paw escapes.

Even when the rain started and filled the well, I knew what good thing would come out of it.

If I had watched this movie when it first came out, I probably wouldn’t have had the same reaction. I probably would’ve just enjoyed it as any other action/period movie.

Have you seen “Apocalypto?” What were your thoughts on the movie? Or did you just enjoy or not enjoy it?


[Image from impawards]