Friday, March 12, 2010

Do It For Love

While we were at Kokonuts with Wheaton the other day, we told them some about the Koko Crater hike our group went on a few weeks ago. We could see the trail from where we were sitting.

Squeakers mentioned how I had stayed with her on the trail and that she knew that I loved her by that act of kindness. [Little more than halfway up, Squeakers wasn't feeling well and decided to pullover; I stayed with her while everyone else continued ahead.]

It was a beautifully uplifting moment for me, something I’ve needed lately, someone correctly recognizing why I do what I do.

Then I had to ruin it by saying, “Or I was too tired to continue.”

Why do I do that?

Anyways, when I ask myself “what does it matter?” I remember that not everyone is going to see it, not everyone is going to understand how deeply I care. However, to those who do see, it matters greatly [just as it would matter to me].
____________________________
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (New King James Version)
9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up