Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Love You More Than a Nerd Loves Math Class

I saw that on a shirt somewhere. I want that shirt.

Seriously. I would wear it whenever I could. More exactly, it should say, “I love you more than I love math class!”

Because I am a nerd.

There's another shirt that says, "I only date nerds." I want that shirt also, but that's a slightly different subject.

Case in point, I was just telling someone about this thing I do. Confession time, I still have most of my text books from college. From where I am sitting right now, I can see Precalculus, Introductory Chemistry (plus the lab companion book), Sociology, Understanding Movies, and Civilizations. On the other side, I have books like Physics, Astronomy, and Mathematics, which is a collection of essays written about those subjects.

From time to time, I READ these books! I will take the chem book down and try to go through a chapter, then do the exercises. I do that with the precalc book also. I will read an essay about the formation of water molecules from that P.A.M. book.

And that is FUN for me!

I especially enjoy geometry, trigonometry, and chemistry.

NERD.

It’s not that I am particularly great in any subject, but I really enjoy the exercises.

I also enjoy reading the classics.

I watch YouTube videos by "PeriodicVideos."

Do I need help?

What subjects do you get into? Do you have any strange habits like randomly picking up a trig book to do proofs ‘cuz you felt like it?