Saturday, December 5, 2009

Scent of a Woman

I have been wearing the same every day scent since…since high school I think. I’ve at least been wearing it since 2000. I know 2000 because that’s when I dated Neo. About 4 years after we broke up, he picked me up for lunch and commented on how I was wearing the same scent as before. My, how time flies. I hadn’t realized the fact until Neo pointed it out.

The scent is Calgon’s Morning Glory. To me, it smells fresh and clean, as if I’ve just stepped out of the shower. I generally wear the body mist but I also use the lotion and body wash at times. I intend to keep on wearing it as long as they keep making it, but Calgon’s been coming up with several new scents and I’m seeing Morning Glory on the shelves less and less often [it can be found at most general stores like Longs’ or Walmart]. I will be a little sad if they discontinue it.

I don’t like heavy, overpowering perfumes. I also don’t like powdery smelling scents, like…Estee Lauder’s Pleasures [I have a very low tolerance for Pleasures, but that is another story].

Morning Glory is what I wear on most days. I don’t go out much, but when I do I like to wear something different for a change.
____________________________

In college on a night out, I wore Curve by Liz Claiborne. The description on Amazon.com says, “Launched by the design house of Liz Claiborne in 1996, Curve is classified as a refreshing, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of Italian mandarin, orange French Guinea blended with citrus zest, water lily, orchid and yellow freesia.” It was good for the moment but I don’t think I’m going to wear that again.

After using up a second bottle of Curve, I moved on to Tommy Hilfiger’s Tommy Girl. Amazon.com description says, “This effervescent floral scent inspired by American wildflowers, combines a blend of camellia and black currant flowers, mandarin, tangerine, Cherokee rose, desert jasmine and butterfly violets.” I have since cut way back on my going out, so I still have half a bottle of this left. I’m not sure if I’m going to give it away or keep it. I still like the scent.

Browsing at Macy’s with Apple one time, we sampled some products at the perfume counter. I really liked Escada’s Moon Sparkle. As read on Amazon.com, “Evoking memories of hot summer party nights filled with a sexy, magical intensity where anything is possible, Moon Sparkle for Women is the essence of summertime. Captured here, to be enjoyed year round, is an luscious mix of irresistible sweet red fruits and delicate florals, infused by a sensuously smooth base of creamy woods.” I didn’t get it because I still had Tommy Girl, but I remember liking it a lot. It was a limited edition scent.

The most recent scent was purchased earlier this year, DKNY’s Be Delicious Fresh Blossom. Sephora.com describes it as, “a radiant new fragrance that marries freshness, vibrancy, and femininity. A blend of sparkling grapefruit, cassis, and sun-kissed apricot meets a blooming floral heart of sheer muguet and petally rose wrapped in luminous jasmine. A base of juicy apple, mingled with lingering blond woods and smooth skin accord, completes the irresistibly sensual experience of the essence.” I have NO idea what all that means. Fist says it smells like lychee, which happens to be the shave ice flavor of my choice! I really like it; it makes me want to make excuses to go out so I can wear it.
____________________________
I wonder if there is a pattern in reading the descriptions all together. Fruity scents seem to be a common theme.

Recap: for every day use I wear Calgon’s Morning Glory. Premier choice for going out and special occasions is DKNY’s Be Delicious Fresh Blossom. Second choice for a change-up in going out is Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger.

Do you have a “signature scent?” What perfumes/colognes have you worn in the past?

Mahalo.