Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Masters Class

Texas and Fist picked me up around 6:30 am on Saturday to make the trek up North Shore. We got to Ehukai around 7, found parking along the street not too far. We got a pretty good spot on the beach. Texas took pics with her Nikon D60- I’m jealous! I will post some of my photos, but think what they would’ve looked like with a Nikon…D90…!

We were there for the third round of the Billabong Pipeline Masters. It was a beautiful day! Blue skies, few white fluffy clouds, gentle breeze, clean monster waves! We watched the surf stylings of Andy Irons, Damien Hobgood, John John Florence, Hank Gaskell and more. We saw perfect-10 rides by John John Florence, Kelly Slater, and Roy Powers.

It was amazing! Seeing it in person is much more exciting than hearing about it on the news. Being there made me interested in becoming a water photographer or being on the water patrol, like if I had been exposed to that when I was younger, I might have worked towards that.

All that was missing was a souvenir shirt, I should have gotten one. More reason to go again next time!

And Matsumoto’s to top it off. YUM! Lychee and tangerine.
[Click on the photo for a larger view]