Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hollywood Overload

Among other things, I’ve been catching up on a lot of “old” movies during this break. Since Monday, I’ve watched 13 movies so far, in my private home theater. I’ve also been cleaning the theater; at least I don’t have to worry about stained seats and sticky floors.

Now Showing in a theater near…me:

We Own the Night
Babel
Taken
American Gangster
Untraceable
The Nanny Diaries
I Am Legend
Black Dahlia
Assault on Precinct 13
The Brave One
Shooter
Firewall
The Forbidden Kingdom


Next up: Premonition, that’ll hafta wait until tonight, after our church’s Christmas Eve service.

Some thoughts, the list is in order of how I watched them, so notice I snuck in “Nanny” in between some heavy subject material. I liked "We Own"; it was interesting to have a story where the "bad apple" in the family turns "good" instead of watching the good guy become more corrupted. I liked “Taken,” if I was taken like that, I’d want Liam Neeson to come for me; come on, he’s the voice of ASLAN!

“Untraceable,” I really liked, though it was a little graphic but a smart movie and it feeds my paranoia. After watching it, I thought about not posting journal entries any more; never know who’s reading. “Precinct” was interesting, I enjoyed it. “Shooter” was good also. “Forbidden”…while kung fu fighting scenes with Jackie Chan is always entertaining, the storyline bored me so I didn’t pay much attention to any of it.

Overall, nothing that I really wished I had seen in the theater. Maybe "Untraceable."

And I was going to but then declined watching “Good Luck Chuck.” The preview didn’t look that interesting after all. Maybe if I run out of other things and still have time to watch it.

Oh, and in the theaters (because I have theater going friends now) I recently saw “Armored” and “Avatar (3-D).” I enjoyed them both in different ways. Since they’re still in the theaters, I don’t wanna say any more about them so that you can experience them for yourselves if you like.
____________________________

Anyways, I thought I would try to post at least one entry every day in December and try to end with 100 posts for the year, but that’s not gonna happen! I do plan to post more during the break and the 2009 Image It entries should begin soon; lots of photos taken this year with lots of favorite smiles!

Mele Kalikimaka to all!