Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Up with Makeup


For the longest time, my makeup kit has consisted of lip balm and not much else. Two reasons for this has been that my mom wasn’t the kind to wear a lot of makeup herself so couldn’t teach me anything and because my eyes and skin are very sensitive. I didn’t like that CoverGirl smelled like a medicine cabinet. Any mascara I’d tried would make me cry in a minute.

But now I’ve made up with makeup and having fun with it. I still don’t know how to manage day versus night time looks and coordinating cool, neutral and warm colors, but I don’t really care about that much; I’ll wear what I wanna wear.

The main contributor to this reconciliation with makeup is due to Nicole Miller. From what I know, she started out with clothes that are fabulous and started a cosmetics line a few years ago. Her makeup is only sold through the health-wellness company, Melaleuca. Her line is made with natural ingredients.
____________________________

For skincare I use the Hydrating Cleanser, Daytime Delivery Crème and Eye Wear Night Recovery Crème. All of this is gentle enough for my skin while being refreshing and clean. I also recommend the treatments; there is one for exfoliating, a refining mud masque, and a hydrating fruit masque, all of which I’ve tried and use.

On the eyes, nothing makes them water prematurely. The eye shadows go on smoothly and blend well with a lot of neutral colors to use and a few eye-popping colors. The mascara does not have any harsh, lingering perfumes. The waterproof mascara is really waterproof. I use the pencil eyeliner which is soft.

For the face, I use the mineral foundation set with loose powder. They both cover well and also have no lingering perfumes to irritate my skin. After awhile, I don’t realize I have anything on. I don’t care for the concealer, but that could be because I don’t know how to use concealer well at all. NM has great colors for blushes!

And LIPS! I love using lip gloss; I hate having dry lips. I also love the shape of my lips; I think I get them from Popo. My favorite colors from NM lip gloss are Flirt and Rumor. They are not sticky. NM also has a great line of lip-colors that are soft and smooth. I like Raspberry [discontinued], Fuchsia, Sun Ripened, and St. Valentine. I don’t know how to use lip liners either so I can’t say much about that.

One can probably tell that I don’t know how to talk about cosmetics, describing how they are and such. I can say that I recommend Nicole Miller cosmetics, especially if you have sensitive eyes and/or skin and care about using natural ingredient products.

For more information on NM products [under the “Beauty” tab]:
http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/ProductStore.aspx

I am a Melaleuca/NM seller, so let me know if you are interested in trying something! They also have a return policy that if you’re not satisfied with the product or the color isn’t right for you, you can return or exchange it.

Mahalo for reading.

Click on photo for larger view.

NM products used in photos:
Above right:
eyeshadow Honeyshimmer
eyeshadow Fiji
eyeshadow Moss
eyeliner Deep Bronze
waterproof mascara Brown/Black
lip color Sunripened
lip gloss Rumor
mineral foundation Light
loose powder Natural Beige [Discontinued]
blush Soft Rose

Below first:
eyeshadow Honeyshimmer
eyeshadow Midnight
eyeliner Deep Bronze
waterproof mascara Brown/Black
lip color Sunripened

Below second and third:
eyeshadow Cinnamon
waterproof mascara Brown/Black