Monday, August 3, 2009

A Meaningful Gift

Giving you guys a break in the heaviness.

The Chemist went on a trip recently and brought back gifts. I was given a pair of earrings. The earrings are beautiful so I had to try them on right away. I think you can see in the photo that they look good on me!

I love gifts that say that the giver truly had me in mind, but what really adds to the meaningfulness of this gift is that it was made in Nepal and sold as part of a nonprofit organization called Ten Thousand Villages. I’ll let you read the info off of the photos or check out their website [Ten Thousand Villages].

Last year I had bought an amber necklace whose proceeds go to a similar cause. See [Spending Splurge Sunday] for more information on the amber necklace.

Thank you to the Chemist for the wonderful gift! I’ve already worn them out in public once!

Mahalo for your continued support in reading my entries.