Monday, July 20, 2009

Untitled [July 20, 2009]

Psalm 55:1-8, 16-19~
[1] Listen to my prayer, O God,
Do not ignore my plea;
[2] hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught
[3] at the voice of the enemy,
At the stares of the wicked;
For they bring down suffering upon me
And revile me in their anger.

[4] My heart is in anguish within me;
The terrors of death assail me.
[5] Fear and trembling have beset me;
Horror has overwhelmed me.
[6] I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest---
[7] I would flee far away
And stay in the desert;
Selah
[8]I would hurry to my place of shelter,
Far from the tempest and storm.”

[16] But I call to God,
And the Lord saves me.
[17] Evening, morning and noon
I cry out in distress,
And he hears my voice.
[18] He ransoms me unharmed
From the battle waged against me,
Even though many oppose me.
[19] God, who is enthroned forever,
Will hear them and afflict them---
Selah
Men who never change their ways
And have no fear of God.



If the sun is a symbol of your might and power and sovereignty, then the moon represents your gentleness, your loving kindness, your guiding counsel through the darkness.

Where I am in my room at night, there is no moon; neither are there stars. I cannot see their light. It is dark and I grow fearful. Yet of stepping out into the light, I am also fearful.

And so I lay still. In my spirit I cry out to you. I know you hear me every time. Save me!

If I am being disciplined for a wrong I have done, for which I have not repented, please let me know the error. Search my heart and find it repentant. Show me what I might do to step out into your boldness again. Guide me towards your favor once more.