Monday, May 19, 2008

And Sometimes We All Get Shot At [Metaphorically Speaking]

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better title, but I don't mean to disrespect anyone who has been affected by any of the senseless shootings with actual bullets.

Carrying on...
____________________________

You might have seen it on the news. Hawai‘i was invaded by people from the Westboro Baptist Church.

KHNL Report on the Protest.
KITV Video Report

What these people say at their protests offend me also. They do not speak for me as a Christian. In fact, they would probably protest me if they ever met me. Maybe they just love to protest.

As I’ve said before, no one on earth has the right to condemn any other person to you-know-where. When it comes to the spiritual afterlife, every one of us will come to a rightful judgment from God. I do not possess the power to command Heaven or Hell for anyone else. I have decided that I’d like to spend the eternal life in God’s presence in Heaven. I cannot choose for anyone else; we each make our own decision in that regards.

God wants us all in a relationship with Him. Yes, even me. Yes, even you. Personally, I don’t know any other way to have that relationship than to ask Him for it, get into His word to know Him better, and to live according to His word.

Regarding the WBC, I choose to pray for them. I don’t know where they’re going after this life, but they sure are making this life unpleasant for a lot of people.

And by the way, nothing ever gets done by protesting the protesters. That's a waste of time.
___________________________

I have several friends whom are homosexuals. I only know them as my beloved friends, no more or less endeared to me than my friends whom are heterosexuals. They have trusted in me and I have trusted in them. They have comforted me in times when others walked away. And oh the great amount of laughter that we’ve shared! That’s all of my friends.

I would not be rid of them for anything in this world. I would give my life for them.

To end on a good note on this, to my friends, all of my friends, thank you for the friendships and the memories. [Thanks to Apple for the email today reminding me to give thanks!]

And if you needed to know, when it comes to my homosexual friends, I especially enjoy thinking upon “Mi Hermano,” “Su Amor,” and “Mi Amiga de WU.” The aliases are in respect for their privacy but I wanted them to know that they each hold a place in my heart. Well, I might have other friends whom are homosexuals, I just probably don't know that they are.
___________________________

And don’t get me started on any people that protest our military! That protesting group happens to include the WBC.

My deepest thanks to all those who are serving or have served in the military. I pray for the safety of all. I personally only know a handful that is currently active and they are exemplary men. I don’t think I personally know any females serving, I don’t think my friend is active anymore though she’s quite exemplary herself.

Mahalo for reading in.