Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Every Child IS A Wanted Child

Did you know that?

Pro-Abortionists say that they would like to make sure that every child that comes into this world is a wanted child. I wonder if some of them wonder if they were wanted children. I think they’re bitter and hurting, possibly misinformed, but I could be wrong.

The debate over human life is a topic that is on my mind constantly. I’ve had conversations with people on the topic and the words haunt me.

As I talk about this particular subject, I’m sure that you’ll get it that I am PRO-LIFE. Yes, the Bible talks about life and Christians are called to defend life, but I am not pro-life only because the Bible is pro-life. It has been a long journey for me to come to the decision for life. This is a choice that every person can make.

I’m going to put aside what the Bible says about life for now because life is so vital to all people, any faith, any ethnicity, any economic level, each and every person. We all share life, we are all living, and that’s where I want to start. We all have been given life and I think that is why this subject is so fervently debated. It is important for everybody to have a belief in this battle.

My mission is not to judge anyone on the matter. Most of what I say, the serious subject matters, is because I want to discuss, to agree, to argue, to get someone to think about what they believe, what they say, what they do. I don’t want to go through life blindly following what sounds good or right or popular, and I wouldn’t want you to follow blindly either but own your thoughts. I don’t mind disagreements; it’s how we can get to the truth. You can disagree with me and I will still respect you. I won't say I have all the answers because I don't. But I have answers. What are your answers?

I have always been pro-life, but I held onto it tentatively in the beginning. Pro-choice uses such persuasive, lovely-sounding words and phrases that can be misleading, like that of the wanted child. I wasn’t sure what to believe on certain points, but I’ll get to that in time. It was through study and discussion that my position has been strengthened.

I am single and have never been pregnant. I have not been in the situation of bringing forth life nor of denying life. The remarkable ability of giving birth is so grand that it is a decision that should be made before the opportunity comes. Make absolutely clear that I mean every person, men and women, married and single, the adult and the young teenager. I’m talking to you. I’ll also listen to you.

I mentioned the men. Men, don’t chicken out on making this decision. There is a reason why the human race has two genders and we’ll get to that as well.

I hope that is enough of an introduction, that this leaves you wondering what’s coming up. Life is a big subject; let’s take it slow. Let’s give this subject the attention it is due. More than a decade has it taken me to reach these beliefs and the journey is most likely not complete. Life is big, let’s find the way through. It’s not scary at all, life is AMAZING.

I haven’t set a schedule on when I’ll be hitting each point; I don’t have a set schedule on anything but this topic is so important to me as you have read. Tomorrow will most likely be the Biggest Loser update, a much lighter topic; I said I would ease into everything.

Mahalo for reading in, hope you’ll check in again!